Kimpton EarthCare Works Here.Our hotel supports Kimpton's mission to be a leader in the hospitality industry in supporting a sustainable world, while continuing to deliver a premium guest experience with non-intrusive, high quality, eco-friendly products and services.
We Take Our EarthCare Commitment Seriously. Very Seriously. Every person who works at Kimpton Hotels and Restaurants is part of a genuine effort to reduce our impact on the environment. This is a life-long corporate commitment that is carried out in each hotel by every individual who works there. Being environmentally responsible is a job that takes awareness and work, every minute of every day. So we're proud to be recognized by environmental organizations and our industry as one of the leaders in eco-standards in the hospitality industry.
Our hotel uses non-intrusive, high quality eco-friendly practices and products that are making our world a cleaner, healthier place to live. We are protecting both the environment and the sublimely comfortable, memorable experiences our guests have come to know and love.
We are proud to meet the standard set for all Kimpton Hotels and Restaurants throughout the United States. Every day, we see the power of this effort, as we get comments and encouragement from our guests, suppliers and partners and as we continue to see tremendous interest in what we are doing.
By choosing to be our guest, you are part of something truly meaningful.
Click here to see more about how Kimpton EarthCare works:
- Cleaning Supplies: All rooms cleaned with environmentally friendly cleaning products
- Soy Inks: All corporate collateral is printed on recycled paper using soy based ink
- Recycled Paper: Property wide printing on recycled paper
- Organic Beverages: All complimentary lobby coffee is organic, shade grown and/or fair trade
- Towel/Linen Reuse: Guests have the opportunity to do their part to reduce energy and detergents required for daily washings
- Recycling: Back of house recycling programs address glass, bottles, paper, cardboard, etc.
- Energy Conservation: Back of house lighting retrofitted and audited to ensure energy efficient bulbs are in place
- Water Conservation: Implementation and auditing of low flow systems for faucets, toilets, and showers
- Best Practices: At any hotel you may find environmental activities such as recycling of coat hangers, elimination of Styrofoam cups, paperless check-ins/outs, eco friendly dry cleaners, discounted hybrid car parking, and more...
- In-room designer recycling bins: Guests are encouraged to participate in reducing our environmental impact
- Honor bar with organic food and beverage options: Honor bars include organic snacks and beverages
- Donation programs: Instead of being thrown away, unused amenity bottles are donated and used by local charities
- Shop Kimpton Style for eco-friendly products like organic bedding and recycled glassware
Bring a special guest to your meetings: the Planet.
See how EarthCare can be integrated into your events and meetings...
Our awards and recognition:
- Corporate Citizen of the Year. The award was part of the HotelWorld Global Hospitality & Design Award Ceremony which was created to "truly celebrate the design and hospitality excellence shown by industry leaders over the past year." This is an internationally recognized award with applications submitted from around the globe.
- Kimpton's First National Environmental Award: National Geographic Traveler and Travel Industry Association of America (TIA), 2006 National GeoTourism Award