Discover the museums and galleries of Scottsdale AZ.
Scottsdale may be known primarily as a golf and recreation town, but it is equally renowned as one of America's top arts destinations. It wasn't voted one of the "Top 25 Arts Destinations" by American Style five times over for nothing. Scottsdale's beautiful natural setting attracts artists from all disciplines, who come here to flourish. This upscale city is home to more than 100 art galleries, one of the most concentrated collections in the country. It is also host to several respected museums and architectural icons, a variety of arts festivals, the country's longest-running art walk, state-of-the-art performance spaces and an award-winning public art program that enhances the community with statues and fountains.
Yep, for artists and art lovers alike, Scottsdale is a pretty inspiring place.
Art and cultural attractions near FireSky Resort & Spa include:
More than 100 art galleries in the Scottsdale Arts District
- The Scottsdale ArtWalk, every Thursday night in pedestrian-friendly Old Town Scottsdale
- The Scottsdale Public Art Walking Tour
- The Scottsdale Museum of Contemporary Art
- The Scottsdale Center for the Performing Arts
- The Heard Museum of Native American Indian cultures of the Southwest
- The Musical Instrument Museum, celebrating the cultures of the world through music
- The Phoenix Art Museum
- Pueblo Grande Museum, exploring the culture of the ancient Hohokam civilization
- AZ Wing Aviation Museum
- The Children's Museum of Phoenix
- Taliesin West-the Frank Lloyd Wright School of Architecture that was his winter headquarters for many years
- Arizona Mining & Mineral Museum
- Arizona State University Art Museum
- Phoenix Science Center