Chef Massimo Defrancesca's Favorite Recipe
Print this page
- PUMPKIN PUREE (CANNED) 12 oz
- MASCARPONE 8 oz
- POWDERED SUGAR 12 oz
- COCOA POWDER 1/8 tsp
- HEAVY CREAM 40% 2 cups
- GROUND GINGER 1/8 tsp
- GROUND NUTMEG 1/8 tsp
- GROUND CINAMMON 1/8 tsp
- SALT 1/8 tsp
Yields – 4 to 6 portions
- Over a fine mesh strainer, strain pumpkin puree of any excess liquid. Set aside
- Sift the powdered sugar, cocoa powder and all the spices together. Set aside.
- Add mascarpone, pumpkin puree, spices, sugar, salt and cocoa powder to mixing bowl and whisk/mix until very smooth.
- In another bowl whisk heavy cream (40% fat preferred) until very stiff. You should be able to see the bowl on the bottom and/or turn it upside-down without it falling.
- Slowly incorporate the whipped cream and pumpkin/mascarpone mixtures together. Using your spatula Start by adding 1/3 of the whipped cream directly into the pumpkin mixture and while turning the bowl fold over each mixture combining slowly. Continue by adding the next 1/3 of whipped cream, mix - incorporate then mix the rest.
- Store in refrigerator for up to 1 week. You may transfer the mousse to a piping bag to be able to pie into waffle cones.
- Optional â garnish with caramel or butterscotch sauce, and with fresh berries and fresh mint. Or simply scoop into a small bowl and enjoy!