All the news that's fit to click on.
- 2013 TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence Award
- AAA Four Diamond Award 2006 - 2011
- Governor's Office of Tourism - 2010 Best Green Tourism Award
- Best Place to Work in AZ, Medium Sized Businesses - voted #3 in 2009, #5 in 2008
- Arizona's Most Admired Companies - 2010
- Scottsdale CVB - Green by Design Award Winner 'Greener' Category - 2010
- Dessert Discovered in the Desert, Daily News Journal, May 2013
- 20 Sizzling Deals: Practice yoga for free, Arizona Republic, May 2013
- Tax Day Specials, Promos and Freebies from Forbes, April 2013
- Best ways to relax from a taxing day, Startle, April 2013
- Latino Bride & Groom finds Honeymoon Bliss in the Southwest, March 2013
- Meet well: alleviate stress and tension at Arizona spas, Smart Meetings, March 2013
- Arizona Scores: State uses big-time sporting events to pump billions into local economy, AZ Business magazine, February 2013
- His & Hers Golf and Spa, Successful Meetings, January 2013
- Hotel chefs to groups: Bring it on. Innovations transform the business banquet, Smart Meetings, January 2013
- PHOENIX magazine names FireSky among the top creature comfort staycations, November 2012
- Jurlique Spa named Best Resort Spa by The Arizona Republic
- 'Hey Ladies! This Trip's for You,' Scottsdale CVB highlights the best girlfriend's getaways in the Valley, August 2012
- FireSky Resort & Spa earns top honors, named the Best Pet-Friendly Hotel by The Arizona Republic
- About.com features the resort's top-notch pet-friendly features for Fido, July 2012
- Beer and Baseball in the Great Southwest, Boston.com, March 2012
- FireSky Resort and Spa: An Oasis of Elements and Eco-Friendly, Natural Nutmeg Magazine, March 2012
- Focus on Arizona,Smart Meetings Magazine, February 2012
- A New Year and a New Green Leaf,Green Living AZ Magazine, February 2012
- SheKnows.com, March 2012 "FireSky Resort & Spa, a Kimpton hotel, makes it easy to explore downtown Scottsdale's shops, restaurants and museums with its complimentary bike program. Pedal on over and make it back in time for daily hosted wine hour in the living-room-style lobby."
- Arizona Foothills Magazine, February 2012
"Taggia at Scottsdale's Firesky Resort will dish up a four-course menu that features wild mushroom ravioli, slow-roasted lamb shanks, truffles and chocolate-covered strawberries and more."
- Arizona Business Gazette, January 2012
"Kimpton's FireSky Resort & Spa in Scottsdale has become Green Key-certified. It received a 4-Key certification, the highest designation given to any hotel in the Greater Phoenix area."
- SoScottsdale Magazine, January 2012
"This oasis in the desert offers fire pits not only on the patio outside of its restaurant, Taggia, but scattered throughout the gardens and lagoons surrounding the beautiful pool."
- Best Places to Work 2011: FireSky Ranks No. 3 among the Valley's Medium-Size Companies, Phoenix Business Journal, December 2011
- Top Pet-Friendly Holiday Hotels, People Pets, November 2011
- Kimpton's FireSky Celebrates 50 Star-Studded Years, Scottsdale Republic, November 2011
- Historic Scottsdale Resort Celebrates 50 Years, Arizona Foothills, November 2011
- Kimpton Provides On-the-Road Pooch Pampering, Sherman's Travels, November 2011
- Kimpton's FireSky Resort Welcomes Santa Paws, Fido Friendly, November 2011
- Seasonal Spa Deals in Arizona, TravelAge West, November 2011
- R.I.P. (Relax in Peace) Halloween Package, Phoenix Bites, October 2011
- Time Out for Teachers Package, Arizona Republic, August 2011
- Scottsdale, Ariz. Has Gone to the Dogs, Stripedot.com, July 2011
- Father's Day Brunch at Taggia, About.com, June 2011
- Retreat from the Heat with De-Stress for Less Spa Deals, Examiner.com, June 2011
- $102 and a Round of Brew Package, Draft Magazine, May 2011
- Wine in Scottsdale - Sipping with the Sommelier: Derek Lewis, Taggia, Examiner.com, April 2011
- FireSky Resort Celebrates Earth Week, HauteLiving.com and Phoenix New Times, April 2011
- Green Getaway Package, Arizona Republic, April 2011
- Earth Day Dining in Phoenix, Arizona Foothills Magazine and Phoenix Bites, April 2011
- 50 Best Bars, Taggia Bar, Phoenix Magazine, March 2011
- Spring Training: Planning Your Trip to Scottsdale, L.A. Times, March 2011
- The Luxe Life - Four Reasons a Report Wedding Makes for an Utterly Opulent Union, Arizona Bride, Spring 2011
- Deals: "We Got Your Bag" promotions, Arizona Republic, February 2011
- Southwest Editor's Picks: Falling for Arizona package, Sunset Magazine, November 2010
- 18 Fabulous Dog-Friendly Hotels & Inns, Doggie Aficionado, Summer 2010
- Deals: Mother Daughter Package and Tee It Up Unlimited Golf, Arizona Republic, May 2010
- Seal of Sustainability, Arizona Republic, April 2010
- Spring Break Escape, Denver Life, March 2010
- Bow Wow, Women's Adventure Magazine, Spring 2010
- Two for the Road, Better Homes and Gardens, February 2010
- Best Places to Work, Phoenix Business Journal, December 2009
- AAA Rates 70 Valley Properties as Gems, Arizona Republic, November 2009
- Just Beachy, Arizona Foothills, June, 2009
- Trips for Dogs and Cats, AAA Highroads, March/April 2009
People Pets, November 2011: "Anyone staying at FireSky or living in the Scottsdale area can bring their family pets to the hotel, and Bosco will lead them to Santa for photos, treats and holiday fun."
Travel Age West, November 2011: "The special "Falling for Arizona" package at the Kimpton's FireSky Resort & Spa features regional treats and all the necessities for relaxation."
What Travel Writers Say, September 2011: "First, we dined at Taggia at FireSky Resort & Spa in Old Town Scottsdale. Taggia has the rare quality of fine Italian dining with a soft, homey ambience amidst rustic tables and booths and an outdoor patio. While watching Chef James Ciao prepare the meal, one has the sense that it is being cooked just for you - no mass production at this venue."
Fox Phoenix - Channel 10
"Live green and prosper celebrating earth week! Businesses in the Valley are getting involved in Earth Week. One resort is hosting a green-friendly event to commemorate the occasion. FireSky Resort in Scottsdale has events all week to promote recycling and using our resources to the fullest."
"The FireSky Resort & Spa is a boutique hotel of relaxed whimsy. Its stunningly plush garden and posh pools (including a sandy beach) creates a welcome oasis, a refreshing retreat after a long day of riding... Taggia's the resort's Italian restaurant will leave you lingering on property after the ride is done."
"While his enthusiasm for sustainable waste practices is venerable, Jim Hollister isn't a recycling coordinator or representative of Waste Management; he's the General Manager for Kimpton's FireSky Resort & Spa, the only Green Seal certified lodging in Arizona. "It was a labor of love," Hollister says about gaining the certification."
"Virtually all hoteliers are talking about or racing to implement green initiatives today, explains Jim Hollister, general manager of the 204-key FireSky Resort & Spa, A Kimpton Hotel, in Scottsdale. But, he says, too few are taking the time to train their staffs in how to maximize such an effort."
"We make pets feel just as welcome as humans," said Tori McLaughlin of the FireSky Resort & Spa in Scottsdale, Ariz. "We love pets, that's for sure. One of our biggest goals is to offer our guests the care that they normally feel at home. We want to provide an experience that makes them feel comfortable, and that's often traveling with the pets."
"The egalitarian FireSky welcomes cats, dogs and even pot-bellied pigs, although only in one of the resort's five buildings (so guests with allergies can keep their distance)."
"Owned by San Francisco-based Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants, FireSky Resort has built its pet-friendly reputation by charging no extra fees and offering special services for your pet."
Phoenix Business Journal
"Kimpton's FireSky Resort & Spa received Greener Award from Scottsdale Convention and Visitors Bureau for or its practices of waste minimization, energy efficiency and environmentally sensitive purchasing."
"Relax: The Top 5 Spas in Phoenix... Jurlique Spa and FireSky Resort are in downtown Scottsdale but make for a rejuvenating escape from the pace of city life."
Good Morning Arizona (video)
How to stay fit when traveling featuring FireSky Resort
"The Scottsdale hotel became the first in Arizona, and one of 85 in the country, to earn a Green Seal certification for sustainable practices."
The San Francisco Examiner
"FireSky Resort & Spa received Green Seal certification in March, being the first hotel in Arizona to receive the designation..." (See page 38.)
Arizona Foothills Magazine
"We have our (Dress for Success fundraiser) fall event October 1st at FireSky Resort in Scottsdale. I can't wait..."
"Taggia's new three-course tasting menu, which includes wine, is $33 and has already proven popular..."
Women's Adventure Magazine
"This goes way beyond 'dogs allowed.' ...Expect no additional fees, no security deposits, a complimentary greeting by a chocolate cocker spaniel named Bosco, and a luxe doggie bed complete with canine cookies."
"Kimpton Resorts never disappoint and with summer approaching the FireSky Resort in Arizona has managed to create new packages to entice us all whether visiting for business or pleasure."
"The sparkling plaque from AAA arrived at FireSky Resort and Spa on Friday as it has every fall since 2005, but the moment never gets old to General Manager Jim Hollister."
Arizona Foothills Valley Girl Blog
"On Thursday, Dec. 10, Jurlique Spa at FireSky Resort will provide the perfect venue for spa enthusiasts with its Second Annual Spaliday Event."
Arizona Foothills TASTE Blog
"And while there were plenty of highlights to speak of (an ahh-inducing Tea Tree Body Polish at Jurlique Spa; the relaxing beach-entry pool; and the cool, retro-modern rooms), my favorite part of our stay was an amazing dinner at FireSky's signature Italian restaurant, Taggia."
Arizona Foothills TASTE Blog
"Suffering from a case of the Mondays? Aren't we all. Thank goodness that FireSky Resort & Spa's Jurlique Spa and Taggia restaurant have partnered to give us a little relief."
Phoenix Business Journal
"Five Valley companies were selected as this year's 'Best Places to Work' based on surveys submitted by company employees in the Phoenix Business Journal's 2008 competition, [among them, FireSky Resort & Spa)."
"[FireSky's] poolside décor is modern, fun fusion - Polynesia meets the Mediterranean. But for all its beauty and plushness, it doesn't feel intimidating or exclusive."
"Go the hip-contemporary route by staying at the FireSky Resort & Spa (4925 N. Scottsdale Rd.; 800.528.7867), part of the gay-friendly Kimpton Hotels group; rooms open around a gorgeously landscaped courtyard and pool."
"Taggia: Is everything at this resort restaurant as good as the flatbread lined with butternut squash, mascarpone cheese and speck? If so, it's worth a visit."
"My story about the FireSky is romance and fantasy. From the moment I arrived to my reluctant departure, I was treated like royalty."
"...pony up for a room at Kimpton's FireSky Resort and Spa in nearby Scottsdale. Although rooms start at $276 this weekend, you'll be lounging at the sandy pool, and will be walking distance to the Scottsdale Fashion Square and the eclectic Old Town"